Friday 30 May 2014

Dotsub proiect

Hi readers!

Do you like listening to music? Are you an expert in the world of music? Who is your favourite singer? What type of music do you like most?

Probably, many people have asked you these questions sometime, and I'm sure that most of you have no problem answering them. However, I have a small obstacle replying some of these specific questions. I often wonder to myself if each of us really have a favourite singer or even a favourite music genre. For me, at least, there isn't a best-liked music band, singer or music genre. With this I want to say that I like lots of different music groups and genres and I think that the music that we listen is linked with our personality and our feelings of each moment. In other words, I'm sure that we don't listen the same type of music in different places, with different people, or with a different mood.

After saying this, I think that you'll know, more o less, what is this work about: MUSIC. In these weeks we have worked in a new programme, called "Dotsub", which is qualified to create and view subtitles for videos in multiple languages across all plataforms. So, each of us had to choose an english song, the one that we like most, and we had to create its subtitles in different languages. The song that I have chosen is called "Say something" and although it is originally a song by American pop duo "A Great Big World", the track gained attention from singer Christina Aguilera, who wanted to work with them on the song, and this year, the song has become in one of the most famous songs around us thanks to these two big artists.

Before becoming so famous, I had never heard about these musicians, but this song has helped me to know more about them. A Great Big World is a musical group consisted of two American musicians, Ian Axel and Chad Vaccarino, both singers and songwriters. According Christina Aguilera, she is an American singer and actress, who, since she was a child, appeared on television series. Nowadays, she is considerate to be a musician with a big talent and lits of followers. So, obviously,  it is obvious that a song of these two big musicians had to be a success!

In this work, I have translated the lyrics of this song into five languages: Arabic, Italian, Basque, Spanish and Greek. It has been an interesting and a very nice work because it has given us the choice to work with a song that we really like and we have also learned to use another new programme. I hope that you'll enjoy with the song.


No comments:

Post a Comment